- Manchester Half marathon taking place Sunday 9th October 2022
- 10 Hydraquip representatives from Manchester, Preston and Widnes branches
- Raising money in support of the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital Charity
10 members of the Hydraquip Group are preparing to take on the Manchester Half Marathon this October, to raise money for the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital Charity.
Manchester’s Branch Manager Chris Saxon will be joined by engineers from across Hydraquip’s North-West branches in tackling the 13.1 mile course. As a group of runners with mixed experience levels, a half marathon was viewed as a happy medium for all to get involved.
They are set to be running alongside 15,000 other participants, with the Manchester Half gaining popularity thanks to its fast, flat course, despite the first race only taking place in 2016. Beginning and ending in Old Trafford, home of the famous cricket ground, they’ll loop into Manchester city centre for the first time in event history before passing through Stretford, heading down to Sale, and back up again.
The Manchester Half is a great opportunity for people to raise money, and Hydraquip’s engineers are no exception. They will be running in support of the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital Charity, a fantastic cause focusing on aiding the treatment and care of their patients, as well as clinical research to improve their understanding of children’s illnesses.
For 2022, the Manchester Half is unveiling a new ‘Heroes’ theme, all about those ‘who inspire others to run and the local heroes we encounter every day.’ Their aim is to celebrate the everyday heroes that come in many different forms. All the competitors will be heroes in their own way, whether they’ve had to overcome barriers, they’re running for a good cause or simply just taking on the challenge that comes with running a half marathon.
A Just Giving page has been set up, so please donate as little or as much as you can to support Hydraquip’s engineers as they set up to complete the Manchester Half. All donations will be greatly appreciated and will support children in the North-West and across the country.
Part of Manchester Foundation Trust Charity, registered with the Charity Commission
as Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust Charity. Registered charity 1049274.
- Hydraquip Hose & Hydraulics Acquire Aero Hydraulics Ltd
- Hydraquip accelerate growth to meet increasing industry demand
- Hydraquip Welcomes Applied Fluid Power in Cornwall to the Group
- Hydraquip Hose & Hydraulics Welcomes 2nd New Branch Of The Year
- CHOOSING THE CORRECT WRAS APPROVED HOSE ASSEMBLY
- The Benefits Of Choosing Stainless Steel
- A Flexible Solution
- INVESTING IN METAL HOSE
- A SERVICE THAT NEVER SLEEPS. HERE FOR YOU 24/7