OVERHAUL ON A HYDRAULIC POWER PACK USED TO START UP A 5 MILLION POUND GAS TURBINE
• Overhaul On A Hydraulic Power Pack Used Within A Power Plant
• Power Pack Used By The National Grid To Prevent Loss In Performance
• Operational Features Met Or Exceeded The Specification Requirements
PUBLISHED BY: Rabs Atwal PUBLISHED: 3rd July 2018
Hydraquip Hose & Hydraulics are at the forefront of providing servicing, repairs and complete overhauls of hydraulic power packs. With over 250 years of combined experience with hydraulic power packs, Hydraquip were tasked with the overhaul of a hydraulic power pack based in Reading, Berkshire.
As a pre agreed project, Hydraquip were tasked to overhaul a power pack which is used to start up a 5 million pound gas turbine. Used within a power plant, it is utilised by the National Grid for when there is a loss in performance. In which case the turbine will power up and make up the difference in loss to ensure performance levels do not dip. Hydraquip worked closely with the customer to understand all the operational features, to ensure each component either maintained or exceeded its performance depending on the specification given by the customer. To ensure complete transparency, Hydraquip provided the customers with a list of components required, manufacturers and pricing.
The project included the replacement of 16 two wire & multi spiral hydraulic hose assemblies, ranging from 1/2” to 1.1/2” complete with JIC females and SAE flanges. The oil filters were replaced, the oil was emptied out, cleaned, re-sealed and refilled with new Mobil DTE 25, a like for like oil.
The customer was so delighted with the quality of work and professionalism of the engineers that on completion they requested to book in another identical job in Weymouth for July 2018.
Over the years, the hydraulic engineering team have provided hydraulic power packs into a number of industries including Green Power Generation, Agriculture, Aerospace, Offshore, Manufacturing, Test Houses and to resellers, each of which provides its own challenges in design and meeting the necessary standards. The hydraulic engineering team have designed and built control panels, test units, full hydraulic circuitry, pipework and numerous designs of pumps.
A key benefit of dealing with Hydraquip’s power pack team is the company’s ability to provide on-going support long after the initial delivery which a choice of servicing contracts or pre-agreed inspections available, again with each package tailored to suit the customer’s requirements. This service is also amiable for customers who already have power packs but are looking to prolong their operational lifespan with scheduled servicing along with advice on improving or upgrading a unit’s performance capabilities.
- Hydraquip Newcastle Design & Manufacture Hydraulic Systems for a RAF Training Transporter Aircraft Simulator
- Hydraquip Kettering, 1st New Branch of 2017 Now Open
- Hydraquip Dundee 2nd Branch Opens in Scotland
- Major Achievement For Karting For Heroes Event Organised By Hydraquip
- Hydraquip Welcomes Kevin Watson and His Team At Aberdeen To The Group
- Hydraquip Purchase The Mobile Assets of Service Hydraulics
- Hydraquip Hose & Hydraulics Opens a New Branch in Manchester
- 1st of 4 Hydraquip Branches For 2016 Now Open in Cannock
- Book & Track Your Service Jobs Online With Hydraquip’s Job Manager